Letter to a member of the community about Human Impact
- Address the letter to a specific person in the community (e.g. Campus Director, EAPWM Head, Agriculture teacher, etc.)
- Introduce yourselves briefly and state your purpose (e.g. students of Bio3C learning about…, recommending a site for a proposed MRF, etc.)
- State important considerations for the proposed site and how information on this can be obtained (e.g. soil should be moist and fertile and this can be measured through the use of soil test kits, etc.)
- Describe your chosen site, include a map/picture
- State what you have found out about the site based on interviews/field surveys conducted (e.g. according to a Lumad resource person: …., our survey on biodiversity revealed the presence of…, etc.). You may include a photograph.
- State your recommendations about the site, how it is constructed, and how we can monitor its effects on humans and organisms in its surroundings.
- List your names.
- Send or share with me: firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the period.
Letter will be rated according to
- Purpose – clearly and well-stated
- Considerations – comprehensive and practical
- Site description – well-described
- Data presented – properly-attributed, related to the considerations and recommendations
- Recommendations – clear and actionable
- Structure and style –proper salutations and closing, correct grammar and proper degree of formality is observed
Your groupmates will also rate you according to your contributions to the activity.
- Summative paper is due on April 27, 2018, Friday.
- We will have a short trip to the Quezon City Hall Model Waste Management Facility at UP Diliman on May 3, 2018 (Thursday), during lab period (7:30-10:30). Please download the Parent Consent Form here.