For the research portfolio (30%) of your first-quarter grade, you are asked to submit 8 relevant sources for the assigned topic.
The breakdown of type of source is as follows:
- Tier 1 – scientific journals, books, monographs (at least 3 sources)
- Tier 2 – PSHS researches, government publications, information from .edu sites, newspapers, popular magazines (at most 3 sources)
- Tier 3 – encyclopedias, dictionaries, other websites not listed above (at most 2 sources)
- ABSOLUTELY NO WIKIPEDIA/BLOGSITES/ONLINE FORUM RESPONSES ALLOWED
Please photocopy or print the relevant pages and highlight the relevant information.
Each submission should contain:
- Bibliography sheet – 1/2 sheet of pad paper with the following information:
- name on the left side of the first line,
- group code on the right side of the first line,
- bibliographical information of the source, in APA format (start on the third line),
- specific topic covered (based on the list given to you) on the right side of the second to the last line,
- classification of the topic on the right side of last line (GI, TF, PP or PR)
- Photocopy of the needed page/s from the source
Rubrics for grading your submissions (Total of 50 pts.):
- Eight different sources – 8 pts.
- Appropriate # from the specified tier – 8 pts.
- Completeness of information (have all relevant topics been covered?) – 10 pts.
- Connection of each reference to the main concept is clear – 8 pts.
- Bibliographic information is in correct format – 8 pts.
- Relevant parts have been highlighted – 8 pts.