The Bio Perio is the last exam for the year. It is scheduled for Thursday, December 18, after Math. The test types and number of items are the same as last quarter’s Perio. Study smart!
- Osmoregulation and Excretion
- osmoregulation in lower forms and in vertebrates
- types of N-wastes
- excretion in lower forms and vertebrates
- the human excretory system
- nephron anatomy and urine formation
- hormones and the human kidney
- Thermoregulation and the Integumentary System
- heat exchange processes
- adaptations for thermoregulation of endo- and ectotherms
- functions and structures in the skin
- Musculoskeletal System
- musculoskeletal system of lower forms
- functions of the musculoskeletal system
- parts of the human skeleton
- types of bones and joints
- methods of bone formation/ossification
- kinds of muscles
- muscle organization (bundles within bundles)
- muscle contraction and the sliding filament theory
- types of twitches (Rb, please read this link or the appropriate section in your book)
- the all-or-none response
Review by hunting for the old presentations, reading the books, and visiting this online textbook for more clarifications.
Bio notebooks are required for those with grades lower than 1.75. EOQR’s are for everyone (look for them in previous posts, just answer the first 4 questions). Due to insistent public demand, I will have another optional reci activity for those who may opt to complete it (to be posted later). I will leave trays in the exam rooms of Cs and Rb. Please make sure your notes, etc. are in it by 1030 AM on Dec 18.
Good luck and God bless!