1. Why is sexual reproduction more advantageous than cloning?
2. Describe the path the egg takes after being released from the ovary.
3. The video states that an egg will survive only a few hours if not fertilized. More recent information suggests that an egg will survive at least 24 hours and perhaps as long as 48 hours if not fertilized. How does that fact influence the most fertile time when couples are attempting to avoid pregnancy using the rhythm method?
4. What kind of obstacles will a sperm encounter once it enters the female?
5. Where in the female reproductive tract does fertilization of the egg occur?
6. Why would more than 50% of all fertilized eggs not survive? What kind of problems could a fertilized egg encounter?
7. How do identical twins form?
8. How does the blastocyst prevent the mother’s immune system from destroying the developing embryo?