can be downloaded here. Please accomplish this individually for submission during class time on Day 1 for Li and Sr and Day 2 for K. All answers can be found in your hardcore (\m/) bio book. 😀
Presentation can be downloaded here and viewed below:
Clarification about the property of the sphere (may have been a bit confusing :P) — Of all the regular solids, the sphere is the one that has a maximum volume given a fixed surface area. This means that spherical objects maximize the volume per unit of surface area more than any other shape (i.e. cubes, pyramids, etc.). So those who said that there is a minimum surface area given a fixed volume were actually correct.
Hope this clears things up! Feel free to leave a comment if you’re still confused. Thanks!
Li, K, Sr, the presentation used in class may be downloaded here (pdf format) or viewed below:
Hi Mg kids, you can download the Introduction to Research presentation here (pdf format) or view it below:
Medicine man reaction paper guidelines and reminders
- What is the research activity being conducted in the movie? (2pts)
- How did the way the research was conducted in the movie fit with the definitions given in class? (2pts)
- How were the basic characteristics of research shown or not shown in the movie? Could they have been improved? How? (9pts)
- What good practices in conducting a research were shown in the movie? (3pts)
- What are the not so good and/or bad practices shown in movie? (2pts)
- What impact does the film have on you as a researcher? (3pts)
- Classify the research based on objectives/use of results. Justify your answer. (2pts)
- Classify the research based on the condition of the study. Justify your answer. (2pts)
- This is 10% of your first quarter grade
- Make your review concise but meaningful. Present your answers in essay format and NOT Q&A.
- Do not review the technical aspects of the movie (script, acting, etc.): stick to the guide questions.
- Due on June 22 (M) at 9 pm. Paper submissions should be placed in my tray at the STR unit (between SHB 113 and SHB 115). Online submissions may be made to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the deadline. Use “Medicine Man” as the subject of your email. File names should be in this format: Name – Section.doc
Welcome to your Junior Year and to two new challenges: STR1 and Bio2. This blog is mostly for my classes (Li, K, Sr, and Mg) but all of you are welcome to comment, share your links, and help make it your own.
Watch the orientation video prepared by Sir Chuckie below: