Guide to filling up the table
- Path of bloodflow — Look at the animation and trace the flow through the organs. In some circulatory systems, blood is pumped from the heart to the lungs and goes back to the heart before being pumped to the other organs of the body. This is called double circulation.
- Type of circulation — Click on the “Heart detail.” In single circulation, the heart only receives one type of blood in one chamber and pumps it out. In double circulation, hearts with 2 atria receive blood from 2 different locations and pump them out.
- Blood mixing — You will see if blood mixes in the heart if the colors of the blood change upon entering the ventricle.
- Heart detail — Just write down how many atria and ventricles each heart would have.
- Other notes — This space is for other interesting facts you may have read while doing the activity.
- You know that the chambers are in systole if the walls fold in and the chamber becomes narrower due to the contractions.