Guide questions to help you review for the conceptual portion of the LT on Mendelian Genetics on Mon/Tues next week. Just review until slide 19 of the presentation, bonus if you can figure out how to apply slide 20 to some trihybrid cross problems. 😉
- Compare and contrast between the following related terms:
- gene and allele
- character and trait
- dominant and recessive
- phenotype and genotype
- genotypes/phenotypes of P generation and genotypes/phenotypes of the F1 generation
- homozygous and heterozygous
- law of segregation and law of independent assortment
- addition rule and multiplication rule
- monohybrid and dihybrid cross
- Enumerate some reasons why pea plants were good choices for experiments on genetics.
- Enumerate three of Mendel’s most significant conclusions regarding his experiments on pea plants.
- Describe how non-Mendelian modes of inheritance like codominance, incomplete dominance, and multiple alleles deviate from Mendel’s Principle of Complete Dominance.
For the rest, just review the different problems provided (mono, di, and tri). For additional problems, add me on FB and participate in the online recitation challenge. 😀
For those who like games, you may also earn recitation points by getting high scores in the games in the following sites:
Both links are whitelisted. To claim the reci points, send a screenshot of your high score/highest level reached to email@example.com. You may claim your points until August 17th, 12MN. 😀