- Please work on the pair SW mindfully.
- Make sure you understand each answer you write on your 1 whole sheet of paper.
- Submit your worksheets next week.
- Draw and describe the plans of the circulatory systems of fishes, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals and explain why these are suited to these organisms.
- Describe what happens to the chambers (right and left atria and ventricles) and valves of the heart during each phase of the cardiac cycle. Present your summary in a tabular form.
- Make a flowchart tracing the flow of electrical stimulation in the heart.
- What causes the “lub dub” sound of heartbeat?
- Differentiate between the following terms: cardiac output, pulse, and blood pressure.
- Why does blood slow down in capillary beds?
- Sketch a precapillary sphincter in a capillary bed. What is the function of precapillary sphincters?
- Define osmotic pressure and hydrostatic pressure. Compare the osmotic and hydrostatic pressures at the arterial and venus ends of a capillary.
- What structures help veins transport blood back to the heart?
- What are the major functions of the lymphatic system?